Please contact Chris Roberts (email@example.com, 248-802-7538) for more information.
Players are required to play in our House League to be eligible to try-out/play on a Forest Glade Select Team. Select Teams will play a schedule (in addition to the house league schedule) made up of exhibition games against local Little League, Rep & Select teams. In addition to entering local & out of town Tournaments (Little League, Select & Rep) at the coaches discretion.
Select team coach selection is completed in the fall for the upcoming season. Coaches at each age group will schedule fall & winter workout programs based on the availability of field & gym facilities .
On average, 12 players are selected for each team. Registration fees for select players is $200 which is in addition to the cost of house league. Each Team will determine additional sponsorship and fundraising needs.
A typical season consists of the following:
- 20 – 30 games
- 3-5 weekend tournaments (1-2 out of town with a hotel stay)
- Practices (1 per week on average)
- Host of home Forest Glade Tournament
- Baseball Ontario House League Select Championships on Labour Day weekend for teams that qualify
- Indoor winter workouts (1 per week on average, January to April)
- Occasional fall workouts, if available
- Parent/player meetings
- Team building
- Baseball glove
- Baseball cleats (Molded or rubber for all divisions below 15U)
- Bat – Please read OBA Bat Rules before purchasing
- Speciality glove (e.g.: Catcher’s glove) and additional protective gear
The league will provide the required select uniform: jersey, pants and socks. Players will also require protective athletic support. Many players purchase “slider” shorts and additional pants.
Team equipment for all teams will include catcher’s gear, although many players prefer to use their own.